Rarely does a property of such magnitude come on the market. It affords the astute buyer three separate living spaces along with substantial equine facilities and acreage. In total the living areas encompass some 45 plus squares over three separate buildings. Furthermore, the shedding currently on the property is vast – with over 2200m2! Whether you are a passionate equine enthusiast or a serious horse trainer there is readiness to input multiple additional stabling and other indoor facilities. The property would also suit those more mechanically minded in view of the vast shedding.
Located only four kilometres from the Pakenham Bypass and 60 kilometres from the centre of Melbourne, the growth and development of the local area makes this an astute investment.
For the equine professional, a truly versatile intelligently designed equine property featuring:
• 42 acres of improved pasture.
• Indoor arena 60m x 25m with floodlight and state of the art dressage surface and some 30 plus metres of quality mirrors.
• Floodlit Olympic sized outdoor arena 60m x 20m with springy rubber composite surface
• Grass outdoor arena 60m x 20m
• Round yard, indoor hot/cold wash, outdoor wash, tea room for agisters and separate outside toilet ideally suited to be plumbed for second bathroom to the Manager’s Quarters
• 10 stables in breezeway style barn, large separate tack room, cross-ties
• Veterinary designed indoor breeding crush with foal-hold.
• Huge amount of outbuildings ideal for hay shedding or conversion to further stables.
• 40 paddocks of varying sizes, 34 with fully lined generous field shelters.
• Quality fencing throughout with a mix of post and rail, equi-rail, electric fencing.
• Three foaling paddocks, four stallion yards with large boxes.
• Carefully improved pasture which to date has always yielded excellent hay crops.
• Over 20kms of off road riding within 200m of the entrance of the property.
• Several kilometres of internal laneways to ride.
The main residence is a beautifully restored 1900’s Californian Bungalow overlooking the beautiful Gippsland Ranges. Full of modern features including ducted heating and cooling yet with all the beauty of yester-year retained such as stunning ten foot ceilings, original stained glass features, traditional cornice. Two large bedrooms, one with ensuite. The third bedroom has been converted into a huge walk-in closet which could easily be converted back. Light, bright and welcoming kitchen opens into the open plan living and dining room which leads onto the spacious back deck ideal for a relaxing glass of wine at the end of a wholesome day working with your horses.
A further, fully lockable, double garage, again sympathetically designed in keeping with the main residential precinct is placed near the main home. This building houses a kitchenette, laundry, and bathroom, along with a large rumpus room or studio and separate general purpose room/office. This dwelling space is serviced by a split system heating/cooling to ensure comfortable living and modern polished concrete floors. Both buildings sit within a low maintenance garden featuring a raised-bed of glorious standard roses. Close by is a ‘hen-heaven’ chook yard and roost, with huge fully enclosed yard to keep your feathered friends safe’n’sound.
The Managers Quarters located adjacent to the stable block features downstairs living room, eat-in kitchen and large bathroom. Upstairs 3 large bedrooms and generous separate lounge room. Lovely views across most aspects of the property providing most mod-cons including wood heater and air-conditioning. Has been a useful income producing dwelling over the past number of years.
Location of this property for the equine enthusiast regardless of your discipline truly is outstanding. For the racehorse trainer you are almost equal distance between two of Victoria’s major tracks, being; Pakenham and Cranbourne, also there is room for the serious trainer to install their own training track on the property (size dependent). For the equestrian, venues such as the ever popular multiple-event precinct of Boneo Park is an easy drive down Peninsula Link and The National Equestrian Centre at Werribee is only some two traffic lights away down the Monash Freeway! Numerous riding clubs, several Western Performance clubs, Campdrafting, Polocrosse and too many Pony Clubs to mention. This certainly opens the gateway for someone wanting to run a business such as agistment, training of many types, hay cropping, you think of it STC you would possibly be able to do it! A truly thoughtfully designed and laid out property that most certainly needs to be inspected to be fully appreciated.