Exceeding expectations of family luxury in the most impressive manner, this remarkable owner-built Harkaway home creates a haven of exceptional comfort and class. The wraparound verandah announces luxurious proportions within, revealing fabulous lounge and rumpus rooms in addition to family living that’s staged on a spectacular scale. Its cathedral ceilings soar upwards, linking evocative open space to the efficient, elegant gourmet kitchen that benefits from stone counters, stainless-steel cooking with 5-burner ILVE gas cooktop and a beautifully appointed butler’s pantry. Sleek bathroom surfaces complement the comfort of accommodation comprising up to six bedrooms including full-size guest bedroom and a study/sixth bedroom each with beautiful bay windows, though the master suite makes the everyday an especial indulgence with the accompanying ensuite distinguished by claw-foot bath luxury. Decked undercover swim spa conclude a residence of exceptional appeal with added assets that include handsome French doors in all living areas, Nectre bakers woodfire oven, ducted heating, cooling, ducted vacuum and double glazing.
The surrounding 61.3 acres of rich, well-draining peat soil has proven a boon in the property’s farming past and complements the current set-up including lock-up barn with two stalls and crush, sand paddock, reticulated bore water, 60-bale hayshed, electric gates, flood-lit arena, cattle guards and chicken coop plus additional triple-front barn with concrete floors and loft that inspires office or art studio use.
The final flourish: an address that captures the quietude of a country lifestyle within close reaches to nearby schools and shopping in just minutes while the open waters of Western Port Bay await.
* An owner-built Harkaway home of outstanding class
* Wraparound verandah
* Fabulous lounge and rumpus room
* Family living staged on a spectacular scale
* Gourmet kitchen finished in stone
* S/S appliances complement butler’s pantry
* Accommodation of up to six bedrooms
* Bay window guest room and study/sixth bedroom
* Clawfoot master ensuite an impressive addition
* Ducted heating, Nectre woodfire oven, air conditioning
* 61.3 acres of rich, well-draining peat soil
* Bore and water rights
* Two lock up barns, one with loft office/art studio
* Sand paddock
* 60-bale hayshed
* Reticulated bore water
* Flood-lit arena
* 5 minutes to Tooradin and Western Port Bay